Radiation safety services revolve around enforcing and maintaining the safest possible environment with regards to the use of radioactivity for clinical and research applications at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Radiation Safety at WCM and NYP is overseen and administered by WCM Medical Health Physics (MHP).
MHP provides the following radiation safety services for WCM and NYP:
- General Radiation Safety
- enforcement and supervision of the safe use, storage and disposal of radioactive materials in all clinical and research applications
- radiation education and training for students, clinicians and scientists
- leakage tests for sealed sources
- survey meter maintenance and calibration (not including dose rate meters).
- access to and maintenance of Beta and Gamma sample-counting equipment, as well as an iodination core facility.
- Diagnostic Imaging Quality Assurance - routine tests to ensure optimal, accurate and safe operation of all diagnostic imaging equipment
- Ordering, receipt and distribution of all radioactive materials within the Central Isotope Laboratory
Medical Health Physics at firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 962-5566.