Training is an important component of an overall effective environmental health and safety program. Environmental Health and Safety has streamlined the safety training programs to provide core safety training programs and specialized safety training programs.
The core safety training programs are designed to provide tailored training for everyone working within the Weill Cornell Medicine community. These customized training sessions will meet all safety training requirements, unless specialized work activities are conducted as outlined in the specialized safety training programs. Core safety training programs include:
- Students: Student Safety Training
- Laboratorians: Laboratory Safety Training
- Clinicians: Clinical and General Safety Training
- Service Department Staff
- Administrative Staff: Online Fire Safety Training
- Visitors and Volunteers: Online Fire Safety Training
The specialized safety training programs must also be completed for those who conduct the following specialized work activities:
- Radiation Safety
- C-14 Laboratory Certificate of Fitness (FDNY)
- Biological Material and Dry Ice Shipments
- G-97 Cryogenic Liquids Certificate of Fitness (FDNY)
- Bloodborne Pathogens
Training records and training certificates ( click here for example) are available for training sessions provided by EHS. Contact Environmental Health and Safety to request information about other EHS-related courses or request a training certificate.